Monday, February 21, 2011

Boot Love

I love boots. When it comes to shoes, I have spent years of my life wearing only boots and still wear them about half the time, summer or winter. There's something about them that makes me feel put-together, confident, and comfortable, whether it's the gothy Pennangalan Dreams boots I once wore everywhere or the Etienne Aigner riding boots I'm currently wearing into the ground.

The latest pair to catch my eye... these Innocent World boots!



The great thing about Lolita brand accessories/shoes/etc. is that, beyond working with head-to-toe Lolita ensembles, they're unique enough to add flavor to "normal" outfits without overwhelming the rest of the look.

Some ideas: I'd pair up the all-black version with black leggings and a simple long tunic or graphic T-shirt. The brown might look good with dark, skinny jeans and a roomy, draped cream blouse, or a casual blue sundress, maybe? You could also pair the burgundy ones with a short, simple black dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment